We received the following announcement from Robin Evans (University of Oxford):
Statistical Causal Inference and its Applications to Genetics, to be held at CRM in Montreal, July 25–29 2016.
Additional information can be found here: http://www.crm.umontreal.ca/2016/Genetics16/index_e.php
We are very excited to announce a week long workshop in Statistical Causal Inference and its Applications to Genetics, to be held at CRM in Montreal, July 25–29 2016.
We seek participants from Statistics and Biology to discuss the cutting-edge inferential causal problems in the discipline. Points for discussion will include
– modern datasets in genetics,
– methods to deal with huge quantities of data from multiple experimental settings,
– hypothesis generation from limited experimental data,
– efficient experimental design,
– incorporation of prior information in a computationally tractable way,
– causal methods for time series data,
– Mendelian randomization,
We strongly encourage the participation of junior researchers, and invite the submission of abstracts for oral and poster presentations. To register your interest in participating or presenting please visit our website.
Invited speakers include:
Robin Evans, University of Oxford
Chris Holmes, University of Oxford
Marloes Maathuis, ETH Zurich
Erica Moodie, McGill
Ilya Shpitser, Johns Hopkins
David Stephens, McGill
Caroline Uhler, MIT
We’re very grateful to the workshop sponsors: CRM, CANSSI and PIMS.